We have been growing quickly, and that means we have more computers, equipment, and software than we can handle. That’s why we’re hiring a dedicated IT Support Specialist.
We want to provide our team members with a world class support system - including IT! And no-one can support them quite like you can. You’re the person that everyone calls when they need help - even your grandma who cannot seem to comment in the right place on Facebook - because you are just so “good with computers”. You’re a tech genius, and you’re looking for a place where those skills can be applied to help an entire team of appreciative people.
As our first dedicated IT hire, you'll do just that, while providing critical input on the overall direction of IT here at CoLab. If you’re passionate about IT and dream of being an essential and valued influencer of CoLab’s IT program, helping to build and shape an IT program from scratch, this is the role for you!
- Provide IT assistance to the whole team, on all hardware and software issues
- Manage IT hardware and software assets, including purchasing and lifecycle management
- Monitor IT hardware, software, and system performance metrics
- Work with the Security Team to ensure that all IT hardware and software are patched and maintained
- Develop, document and maintain new and existing IT processes
- Expand your knowledge, skills and experience to proactively stay current with developments in relevant technologies and IT practices
- Assist in providing IT training and be an advocate for security awareness and security practices to the entire company
- Proactively raise issues and concerns with CoLab’s Head of Security
- Tap into your knowledge, passion and experience to contribute meaningfully to CoLab’s purpose
- Work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally
- Educational background or professional experience in information technology, computer science, engineering or similar
- Previous experience in an IT support role would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of identity management, device management, and patch management solutions would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to identify and address complex technical issues
- Broad knowledge of computer hardware and software in a multi-platform environment (Windows, Mac and Linux)
- Solid understanding of network concepts and technologies, including WiFi troubleshooting and tuning, would be a valuable asset
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills